The eye area is one of the first age-giveaways as it is the thinnest layer of skin on our entire bodies. Loss of collagen, fatty tissue and elasticity results in crow’s feet and wrinkles.
We can’t defy the ageing process but we can certainly take steps to prevent it.
Here are 3 of the best ways to reduce the appearance of under-eye wrinkles.
Getting into a skincare routine is one of the best ways to maintain the wellbeing of your skin.
There are certain habits that you can incorporate into your routine to be a step ahead of the ageing process.
Removal/application of makeupSimilarly to applying eye care products, the way in which you apply and remove eye makeup can drastically affect the wellbeing of your eye area.
• Avoid using a harsh eye makeup remover. This can damage the surface of the skin, causing further damage
• If you use cleansing wipes to remove mascara, avoid pulling the eyelash away from the eye as this can result in sagging eyelids
• For those who love the winged eyeliner look, try not to pull the skin away from the eye. Again, this will result in sagging
Another step which we briefly touched on earlier is exfoliation as the benefits are endless.
As we have explained, the eye area is incredibly delicate.
Over-exfoliation can be very damaging so it is essential that you use an exfoliator that is extremely gentle and made specifically for the eye area.
Eye care products
Applying eye serum daily is the number one rule for minimising the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
The secret is to begin using eye care products before the wrinkles form.
Our BIOEFFECT EGF Eye Serum is a revitalizing anti-ageing formula which reduces the appearance of fine lines. The refreshing, gel-like formula rebalances moisture levels due to the proven cellular activators inside.
Source: Fresh Face Club
Applying eye care productsThe way in which you apply the product can be just as important as using one.
• Avoid quickly dabbing on. Instead, gently massage the eye serum into crow’s feet, fine lines and wrinkles every day. Massaging the product in will help the formula to penetrate into the skin deeper.
• Use your ring-finger to apply the eye serum as this finger supposedly has the lightest touch. It is important to treat the eye area with delicacy due to the thinness of the skin. With this in mind, don’t be heavy-handed in application.
• Another great tip when applying eye serum is to rub away from the nose on the upper eyelid and rub towards the nose underneath the eye. Developing this habit will prevent sagging and wrinkles.
Using some of nature’s finest ingredients to combat the appearance of wrinkles is quick, easy and cost-effective. Work these beauty-tricks into your skincare regime alongside an eye care serum.
HoneyHoney, otherwise known as liquid gold, has amazing health benefits.
It is a natural healer which can treat severe skin damage like burns. This helps to repair and rejuvenate skin cells.
Also, it is a humectant. This means that honey has qualities which hold onto water.
As a result, it will disperse the moisture when on your skin and instantly hydrate and nourish the skin around your eye, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Just in case you needed another reason to bask in its glory, raw honey contains alpha hydroxy acids.
The textured, grainy feel of this ingredient means that it is exfoliating. This breaks down the dead skin cells which can highlight wrinkles, but, more on that later…
For now, try our wrinkle busting honey routine.
• Gently dab on honey on the under-eye area. (If you can, use raw honey)
• Leave on for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water
• Similarly, leave on overnight to absorb all of its greatness
• Tip – Mix with lemon juice to simultaneously combat the appearance of dark circles as lemon is a natural bleaching agent.
Avoid the eye as the acidity in lemons can cause irritation
CucumbersNever underestimate the wisdom of old wives tales.
The universally-known trick of applying cucumbers under the eye works wonders in minimising wrinkles.
Cucumbers are incredibly hydrating.
As wrinkles can form due to lack of moisture in the eye area, this natural remedy will feed your under eye wrinkles with hydration.
• Remove all eye makeup
• Take a cucumber out of the fridge
• Cut a few slices off and then cut in half to copy the semi-circle shape of the eye area
• Apply one segment to the under-eye area and press down to secure
• Then, place another segment on top of the eye
• Leave for as long as possible
So to keep your eyes looking youthful, follow our simple steps!
Remember, the best way to fight off wrinkles is to prevent them before they appear.